Sam Mallikarjunan, Marketing Fellow at HubSpot, discusses innovation, creativity, disruption, change, marketing, sales and small houses.
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
Download the BIGCast App for Iphone.
In this episode:
- A brief introduction to HubSpot and Sam’s role as Marketing Fellow.
- The disconnect between marketing and sales that hurts organizational growth.
- Why innovation and creativity should be treated as a discipline, and both can be used for competitive advantage and future growth.
- How to implement a culture of innovation at the Credit Union.
- A question about ITMs sparks a conversation about constant change.
- Why organizations need to focus on the “job to be done”, and Sam’s view of what the credit union’s job is.
To learn more about Sam’s teaching, consulting and speaking engagements, visit his Web page at http://www.mallikarjunan.com/. To read Sam’s blogs on HubSpot, visit https://blog.hubspot.com/marketing/author/sam-mallikarjunan#sm.0003twc911dp0eg7yaw21afapcgao. Sam on LinkedIn, https://www.linkedin.com/in/mallikarjunan/, and on Twitter, @Mallikarjunan.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- http://www.stateofinbound.com/ - The 8th annual HubSpot report on the future of inbound marketing and sales.
- https://www.ent.com/ - To learn more about Ent Credit Union in Colorado.
- https://www.ibm.com/watson/developercloud/tone-analyzer.html - The Watson Tone Analyzer API tool to detect communication tones in written text.
- http://waitbutwhy.com/ - Click this link only if you have time to spare and a quiet place to laugh out loud.
- https://hbr.org/2014/04/which-customers-to-listen-to-when - Which Customers to Listen to, When article by Maxwell Wessell on listening to the right customers in the Harvard Business Review.
April 23-26 NACHA FASTER PAYMENTS 2017 Conference in Austin, Texas. Faster payments has arrived and the PAYMENTS conference is at the epicenter. Get beyond the hype to the facts and understand what the breadth of Same day ACH and real-time payments opportunities mean to your credit union. Learn from leading strategists and innovators to shape your product offerings and compete. Gain meaningful takeaways to inform your decision making. Enter promo code BESTPOD17 when you register to receive a 10% discount.
- May 3-6 Convention in Wisconsin Dells, Wisconsin. The Wisconsin Credit Union League hosts its 2017 convention themed The Movement: Move with Purpose. John Best is scheduled to speak about Digital Strategy and Blockchain during two sessions on Friday, May 5. http://www.theleague.coop/education-events/convention-2017/home.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.