In this week’s BIGcast, Chuck Davidson and John discuss mobile adoption, merchant wallets, mobile app adoption, customer experience and donuts.
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for listening, and for helping this podcast to grow in 2016. We want you to participate in the 2017 podcasts, so John will give away 2 Google Home speakers to two listeners. To enter, just send a question or comment regarding the podcast, to firstname.lastname@example.org, or post a tweet @jbfintech or @154advisors. Winners will be announced in February.
Introducing the BIGCast App!
Listen to the latest on Finance, Technology and Innovation from BIG in our convenient new app. Download Today!
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
Download the BIGCast App for Iphone.
In this episode:
- Why cash is still king, and what this means for merchant wallets and mobile adoption.
- The importance of training front-line workers on the features and functionality of mobile payments, how this translates into a value proposition for customers, and what drives app adoption.
- Chuck presents case studies on some of the companies he has worked with to develop mobile payment apps, focusing on how they tapped into the customer experience.
- The threat merchant wallets pose to financial institutions.
- Who should own the merchant wallets in an organization?
- The challenge mobile aggregators present to financial institutions, and the interchange effects.
If you have any questions for Chuck, you can email them to email@example.com.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- http://www.cardfree.com/index.html - CARDFREE provides a mobile commerce platform for large merchants.
- https://www.accenture.com/t20161013T024052__w__/us-en/_acnmedia/PDF-34/Accenture-2016-North-America-Consumer-Digital-Payments-Survey.pdf - The Accenture 2016 North America Consumer Digital Payments Survey on digital payments.
- http://www.setitcredit.com/ – Setit Credit allows members to update payment information on multiple high-volume sites, while providing your credit union with a winning solution to capture card not present transactions.
- https://www.amazon.com/Amazon-Echo-Bluetooth-Speaker-with-WiFi-Alexa/dp/B00X4WHP5E - Amazon Echo and https://madeby.google.com/home/ - Google Home – powering the IoT in your home.
- http://www.culedger.com/ - BIG’s distributed network for credit unions
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.