John and Glen opine on the 2017 prognostications of John MacAllister and Byron Wien, get too close for comfort on politics, and applaud Same Day ACH's fast start. Also - listener mail, and a Casey Kasem impersonation.
Introducing the BIGCast App!
Listen to the latest on Finance, Technology and Innovation from BIG in our convenient new app. Download Today!
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
Download the BIGCast App for Iphone.
In this episode:
- A discussion on the NACHA Same Day ACH Statistics it released for the second quarter of 2016.
- John announces the keynote speaker for the upcoming AXFI Conference.
- The Federal Reserve’s Faster Payments Taskforce progress report released on January 17, and Janet Yellin’s recent comments regarding “Fedcoin”.
- Chase, Intuit and the sharing of bank data.
- A roundup of the TrendWatch 2.0 predictions released by John MacAllister of Dorado Industries, voice activated systems, remittances, merchant services processors, and discussion of his 2017 predictions.
- Google Translate and the evolution of AI.
- A conversation on Bryon Wein’s Ten Surprises 2017; his review of potential economic, financial and political surprises for 2017.
- Listener mail.
Watch FinTech Made in Switzerland film online at http://fintech-documentary.com/e/. You can Manuel on Twitter @manuelstagars.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
Federal Reserve Payments Improvement Task Force
- http://bigfintechmedia.com/Blog/same-day-ach-continues - Glen’s blog post on NACHA’s Same Day ACH report.
- https://resourcecenter.nacha.org/?q=node/128 - Download the Same Day ACH Statistics (September -December 2016).
- http://www.setitcredit.com/ - To learn more about Setit Credit and how it allows your credit union to gain a larger share of your member’s wallet.
- http://www.bigfiveiot.com/ - BIG’s Financial Interactive Voice Exchange that allows you to interact with your financial institution using Echo and Cortana.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
- February 9 TAG FinTech GA 2017 in Atlanta Georgia. For our listeners in the Southeastern US, this content-packed one-day event features 50 C-Level speakers and over 500 attendees including players across Georgia's vibrant FinTech scene, from startups to global leaders like First Data, Worldpay, NCR and Fiserv. Be sure to say hi to Glen while you're there. http://www.tagonline.org/events/tag-fintech-ga/
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.