John speaks with Tim Swanson of R3 to learn how to build distributed ledger technology that is fit for the purpose of FI.
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
In This Episode:
- Tim Swanson’s work at Director of Market Research at R3 and the focus of the company.
- A breakdown the differences between public and private distributed ledger technology.
- The circumstances surrounding why blockchain was created, and how FI’s will need to ‘fit for purpose’ to make this technology work for them moving forward.
- The reasons behind the boom in distributed ledger interest within the FI industry.
- R3’s approach to the legal and regulatory issues surrounding this technology.
- The goals of the R3 Global Collaborative Lab
- The misconceptions between distributed ledger and blockchain and how R3’s ‘blockchain inspired’ purpose-built technology came to be created.
- The future of R3 and how they seek to grow into international markets.
- Find Tim Swanson on LinkedIn or Twitter: @ofnumbers
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- https://www.r3cev.com - R3, the financial innovation firm that leads a consortium partnership of over 50 of the world’s leading financial institutions.
- https://www.linkedin.com/in/timswanson - Tim Swanson’s LinkedIn
- September 12 - 15: Symitar Educational Conference (SEC) and Technology Expo Join BIG this year at the SEC; the perfect opportunity to network with your peers, discuss challenges and opportunities, get to know Symitar associates, and learn more about the technology driving your credit union. We will be showcasing our FIVE platform and our connectivity to the Amazon Echo to bring you a new banking channel to your members!
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.
- Twitter (BIG) - @BigFintechMedia
- Twitter (John) - @jbfintech
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Connect with John on LinkedIn - John Best