NACHA CEO Jan Estep talks with John and Glen about Same Day ACH's continued progress and offers a discount to the upcoming Faster Payments conference. Also, John & Glen discuss a NY Times article featuring Moven's Brett "Breaking Banks" King and FinTech's new FI collaboration model.
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
Download the BIGCast App for Iphone.
In this episode:
April 23-26 NACHA FASTER PAYMENTS 2017 Conference in Austin, Texas. Faster payments has arrived and the PAYMENTS conference is at the epicenter. Get beyond the hype to the facts and understand what the breadth of Same day ACH and real-time payments opportunities mean to your credit union. Learn from leading strategists and innovators to shape your product offerings and compete. Gain meaningful takeaways to inform your decision making. The first 10 BIGcast listeners that register, will receive $150 discount off their registration at PAYMENTS and entering promo code BESTPOD17 (be sure to use all capital letters).
- An update on last year’s Same Day ACH rollout.
- Responses to initial participant surveys.
- Why fraud did not increase after the rollout.
- Differences between Same Day ACH Debits and Credits.
- How the Same Day use cases align with the September to December 2016 statistics, along with a discussion of new and out-of-the-box use cases.
- The benefits of Same Day for consumers, how businesses can use it to provide benefits for employees, and how it relates to regulations.
- Information on the upcoming NACHA Faster Payments Conference, including events, attendees, the Challenge 2017, sessions, why the name changed this year, and why you should attend.
- The NACHA Split to Save campaign to educate employees on the benefits of increasing their savings using “split deposit”.
- The importance of preparing for Same Day ACH for Debits – Phase 2, and what you should start to work on now.
- How Silicon Valley tried to disrupt financial services – a discussion on the, “Silicon Valley Tried to Upend Banks…” article published by The New York Times.
To stay in touch with NACHA, you can visit its Web site at https://www.nacha.org/, as well as its social media sites - twitter, and Facebook. Details on the NACHA Challenge 2017 can be found at https://payments.nacha.org/NACHA-challenge. (submission closes on February 28). The Conference site is live at https://www.nacha.org/events/payments-2017.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
NACHA – Further Reading and Resources
- https://resourcecenter.nacha.org/sites/resourcecenter.nacha.org/files/resource/Same%20Day%20ACH%20Volume%201.24.17.pdf – Same Day ACH Statistics, Q4 2017 Infographic.
- https://fedpaymentsimprovement.org/wp-content/uploads/progress-report-january-17.pdf - Federal Reserve January 2017 Progress Report on the Faster Payments initiative.
- https://www.nacha.org/news/split-save-campaign-launches-encourage-american-workers-increase-savings-and-build-wealth - Press release for the Split to Save campaign.
- https://www.nacha.org/content/same-day-ach-resource-center – NACHA Same Day ACH Resource Center.
- https://www.nacha.org/rules/same-day-ach-moving-payments-faster – Detail supporting the NACHA Same Day Payments effort.
- https://resourcecenter.nacha.org/ - NACHA Resource Center with information on the upcoming Same Day ACH for Debits – Phase 2.
FinTech, Moven, Brett King and more
- https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/22/business/dealbook/silicon-valley-tried-to-upend-banks-now-it-works-with-them.html?_r=0 – New York Times article on FinTech companies taking on the Financial Industry.
- https://www.voiceamerica.com/show/2193/breaking-banks - The Breaking Banks podcast with Brett King.
- https://www.amazon.com/Platform-Revolution-Networked-Transforming-Economy/dp/0393249131/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488134328&sr=8-1&keywords=platform+revolution - Platform Revolution: How Networked Markets Are Transforming the Economy--And How to Make Them Work for You at Amazon.
- https://www.antgroup.com/index.htm?locale=en_US – Ant Financial Services Group is an online payments platform owned by Alibaba Group.
- https://www.mpesa.in/portal/ - Mobile money transfer and financial services in Africa and South Asia.
- http://oldcomputers.net/apple-newton.html - Article on the Apple Newton on the Old Computers Web site.
- http://bigfintechmedia.com/Podcast/dont-put-off-til-tomorrow - The March podcast where Jan, Glen and John discuss the Phase 1 rollout, Faster Payments Initiative, and other related topics.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.