In this week’s Data Analytics podcast, Brewster Knowlton of the Knowlton Group joins John to discuss data driven organizations, what defines a true data warehouse, data integration, steps to becoming a data-driven credit union, and football.
This Data Analytics Series Podcast is sponsored by OnApproach.
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
In This Episode:
- Brewster’s six characteristics of a data-driven organization.
- Using data warehouses to improve the question-and-answer process while analyzing data.
- Why data warehouses are difficult to implement and use.
- The future of data warehousing.
- Prescriptive data warehouses.
- Why “purpose” is the key to successful data integrations.
Visit The Knowlton Group to learn more about how to start your journey toward becoming a data driven organization and to read Knowlton’s blogs and listen to the A:360 podcast.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- Splunk allows you to search for, monitor, analyze and visualize machine generated big data.
- Kaggle is the site for predictive modeling and analytics competitions
- Competing on Analytics by Tom Davenport (on Amazon)
- OnApproach is an analytics CUSO with a focus on data integration, big data, and reporting.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.