Entrepreneur, author and filmmaker Manuel Stagars discusses his documentary film FinTech Made in Switzerland.
Introducing the BIGCast App!
Listen to the latest on Finance, Technology and Innovation from BIG in our convenient new app. Download Today!
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
Download the BIGCast App for Iphone.
In this episode:
- The Swiss approach to FinTech, what it looks like in the home of international banking and how it is different than the rest of Europe and the United States.
- The regulatory and cultural banking environment in Switzerland.
- The effects of globalization on how banks do business.
- The relationship between Financial Institutions and FinTech companies.
- Risk, scale, customer adoption, and other challenges faced by Swiss FinTech companies, how they can differentiate themselves, and the advantages of innovation in a small country.
- The Swiss entrepreneurial mindset.
Watch FinTech Made in Switzerland film online at http://fintech-documentary.com/e/. You can Manuel on Twitter @manuelstagars.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- http://digitalswitzerland.com/2016/11/23/digital-manifesto-switzerland/ - the recently published Digital Manifesto for Switzerland by digitalswitzerland (http://digitalswitzerland.com/) outlining the plans to create a worldwide technology and innovation hub in Switzerland.
- http://cryptovalleyzug.net/ - An area in the Swiss canton of Zug created to foster FinTech innovation.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
January 31 - February 2 - National Credit Union - Information Sharing & Analysis Organization - 2017 Tech Conference in Cape Canaveral, Florida. Three-day Cyber Security conference covering topics of interest pertinent to credit unions including cyber resilience, real-time security situational awareness information sharing, and coordinated response in the global credit union community! https://ncuisao.org/events/.
- February 9 TAG FinTech GA 2017 in Atlanta Georgia. For our listeners in the Southeastern US, this content-packed one-day event features 50 C-Level speakers and over 500 attendees including players across Georgia's vibrant FinTech scene, from startups to global leaders like First Data, Worldpay, NCR and Fiserv. Be sure to say hi to Glen while you're there. http://www.tagonline.org/events/tag-fintech-ga/
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.