In part 2 of our report from CUNA's annual GAC conference, Symitar President Ted Bilke touts his company's latest innovations, CUNA's Chief Policy Officer Bill Hampel shares some economic cheer, and John offers his thoughts on the branch's future.
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
Download the BIGCast App for Iphone.
In this episode:
- A recap of the GAC Committee Meetings, keynote speakers, and some key takeaways.
- Glen interviews select attendees, including:
- Ted Bilke, President of Symitar, presents his vision on the branch of the future and how technology and devices will transform client services and solutions.
- Bill Hampel, Chief Economist and Chief Policy Officer of CUNA, on economic recovery, credit union resiliency during a recession, and the credit union effect on the financial industry.
- John provides a CULedger update and discusses some of BIG’s current projects.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- https://www.symitar.com/Pages/default.aspx - Information on Symitar and its products and services
- http://news.cuna.org/gac - 2017 CUNA Governmental Affairs Confernce.
- http://www.bigfiveiot.com/FIVE - FIVE demonstration videos and information for Echo and Cortana.
- http://www.culedger.com/ - CU Ledger is the distributed network for credit unions.
- https://www.ncua.gov/newsroom/Pages/ncua-report/2017/january/future-stabilization-fund-rebates-possible-markets-law-decide.aspx - Credit Union Stabilization Fund
- April 17-19 SymEast 2017 in Louisville Kentucky. Come visit BIG at SymEast 2017 and see the latest in innovative technology we have to offer. SymEast is comprised of credit unions located in the eastern US that use the Symitar core processing system. There are other user groups around the US and you can find the latest list at Symitar.com.
April 23-26 NACHA FASTER PAYMENTS 2017 Conference in Austin, Texas. Faster payments has arrived and the PAYMENTS conference is at the epicenter. Get beyond the hype to the facts and understand what the breadth of Same day ACH and real-time payments opportunities mean to your credit union. Learn from leading strategists and innovators to shape your product offerings and compete. Gain meaningful takeaways to inform your decision making. Enter promo code BESTPOD17 when you register to receive a 10% discount.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.