John and Glen revisit the year's biggest stories and trends in payments and cybersecurity.
Thank You for Listening!
Thank you for listening, and for helping this podcast to grow in 2016. We want you to participate in the 2017 podcasts, so John will give away 2 Google Home speakers to two listeners. To enter, just send a question or comment regarding the podcast, to email@example.com, or post a tweet @jbfintech or @154advisors. Winners will be announced in February.
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
In this episode:
- John and Glen discuss R3 and Corda, CU Ledger, Bitcoin valuation, and other significant blockchain topics.
- How the Internet of Things is transforming how we work, create and interact with our devices, the devices that are facilitating adoption of the IoT, and the IoT’s inherent dangers.
- Same Day ACH, EMV, Walmart vs. Visa in Canada, and other payments topics.
- What happens when privacy goes awry.
- The rise of ransomware and cyber-warfare, hacking, and other troubling trends.
- Privacy and what happens when it goes awry.
- The API economy, and its benefit to credit unions.
- Why voice and chat are the new browser.
- A recap of the 2016 Analytics and Innovation Conference (AXFI), and what to expect from AXFI 2017.
To learn more about Setit Credit, or about Symitar providing the FIVE service to its customers, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit Setit Credit at http://www.setitcredit.com/.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- R3 – Distributed ledger technology innovations for Financial Institutions.
- Corda – Open source distributed ledger from R3
- CULedger is the distributed network for credit unions.
- NACHA Resource Center for the latest information on the ACH Industry
- Bitcoin faucets – An in-depth article at 99Bitcoins.com on Bitcoin faucets, including faucet recommendations.
- Amazon Echo and Google Home – powering the IoT in your home.
- Zapier allows you to link and pass information between apps.
- If This Then That allows you to automate your web activities and apps.
- Ready Player One: A Novel. Read it before you watch it in 2018.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.