Give the tech person on your Christmas list the perfect gift! Join John and Glen as they suggest this year's best FinTech gifts.
Download this podcast from iTunes.
Are you an Android user? Click Here.
The Gift Guide:
- Google Home – Google’s voice-activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant.
- Make – DIY Project and Ideas magazine
- sdk.finance – Software created to act as the engine of your FinTech product.
- Swych – A gift card/exchange/storage/recommendation app.
- Ciright – Ciright offers the ONE Card that allows users to consolidate all credit, debit, loyalty and gift cards on a single card with a mobile wallet.
- Bitcoin – Because this is an interesting gift idea.
- Coinbase – A wallet for your friends to store the bitcoin you give them for the holidays.
- Deseat – Online UNsubscription service.
In This Episode:
- A Holiday-themed demonstration of Google Home, and why a subscription to Make: is the perfect gift to combine with it.
- The Google Home SDK and hidden surprise.
- How sdk.finance allows you to create and test your ideas and connect them to existing products.
- How Swych provides a new take on gift card giving and P2P transactions by leveraging social media and providing flexibility to consumers.
- Ciright’s ONE Card solution that allows users to put all of their gift, debit, loyalty and credit cards onto a single card that supports EMV.
- Why Bitcoin makes a great FinTech gift, what you need to have in place to purchase Bitcoins, and other interesting Bitcoin facts.
- Deseat allows you to “erase” yourself from past online subscriptions.
- Gift cards, mobile wallets, and why it is important for credit unions to make sure their card is the one that member’s use to top off their stored value cards.
- How digital payments are changing consumer behavior.
URLs related to this week's BIGCast:
- Plastc – An early multi-card offering.
- The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg on Amazon.com
- Amazon Go – The video and details on Amazon’s expansion into “grab and go” shopping.
- Blackhawk Network – Branded gift cards and digital payment solutions.
- Bitcoin faucets – An in-depth article on 99Bitcoins.com on Bitcoin faucets, including faucet recommendations.
- December 15 Blockchain 101 Webinar. Join Temenos and BIG to hear firsthand how transformative this next-generation software has become, and why it is important for financial institutions to educate themselves on Blockchain and the affects it will have on the financial landscape. Register Now.
- June 11-14 AXFI Conference in Minneapolis Minnesota. Join BIG and OnApproach at the premier educational event for credit unions and community bank professionals who are serious about financial innovation. Register now and save $200 with the early bird special. http://www.axficonference.com/.
Have an idea for a podcast? Have something you would like to share with us? Something you would like John to research? Please contact us on Twitter or our Web site.
If you like our podcast, please tweet and share on social media.